Most healthy adults start with a set of 32 teeth consisting of incisors, canines, premolars, and even molars. Some people at their middle age, i.e., between 45 and 65 years, start enduring at least one missing teeth. One in four people who are above 65 years tends to lose all their teeth. However, some of the most common causes of tooth loss are gum diseases like periodontitis, decay, and even injury.
The periodontal diseases mostly attack the tissue and the ligaments of the gums that provide an anchor for your teeth and may also result in missing teeth. The tooth decay mainly occurs when bacteria convert itself into starch & sugar and starts accumulating in the mouth, giving rise to an acid. This acid is responsible for weakening the protective layer of the tooth enamel and eventually gives rise to cavities.
Additionally, some injuries like sporting accidents can also result in lost teeth and causes trauma to the jaw bone and gums. This trauma becomes prominent only after months and years of impact by when the tooth root has already been damaged extensively. In rare cases, some people also suffer from a disorder that is popular as anodontia, which is a congenital absence of all primary or permanent teeth.
Why is it essential to replace missing teeth?
No matter it is a canine or a molar, every teeth is responsible either for chewing food or speaking or smiling. So there is no doubt that every tooth plays a crucial role, and leaving a gap between teeth can give rise to severe consequences. One or more missing teeth can also cause the shifting of biting pressure onto other teeth, which may induce some teeth movement, which is again harmful. In the worst-case scenario, missing teeth may give rise to some gum infections that can lead to the loss of more teeth. Following are some of the reasons that you should replace lost teeth –
- You may experience a change in your facial structure because tooth loss can change every aspect of your face over time.
- It may also create an impact on your mental health as it may become challenging to chew food or even smile wholeheartedly. Additionally, the discomfort associated may also be ignorable.
- It may also give rise to temporomandibular joints disorder or TMJ disorder that is responsible for changing the muscles that are present on the side of your head and helps us to chew or rotate jaw.
- Therefore it is incredibly essential to replace missing teeth as that can not only be a prominent reason for embarrassment and lack of self-confidence, but it may also give rise to some adverse dental conditions.
Teeth replacement options
- Dental implants- A dental implant consists of titanium like a tooth root that can be surgically positioned into the jawbone under the gumline above which a replacement tooth is mounted.
- Fixed Bridges- A fixed bridge includes a dentist using existing natural teeth on both sides of the missing tooth to help hold the bridge in the right place.
- Full dentures- Full dentures are also popular as complete dentures that replace all the natural teeth which can be fitted from top or bottom of the gum line and are held in place either by suction or by using an oral adhesive.
- Removable partial dentures- The removable partial denture consists of replaceable teeth attachment that is pink or natural in color. In some cases, a partial denture may also include a metal framework to clasps the teeth.
- Cosmetic dentures- This is a customized fitting dental appliance that blends effortlessly with your mouth and facial features to provide the most natural oral appearance.
Why Choose Us?
At our Lifeberries Healthcare clinic, we offer the highest quality of dental treatment to accomplish the best result. The staff and dentist present in our clinic always assist every patient in maintaining healthy oral hygiene. Lifeberries also believe in providing the best quality treatment procedure by utilizing the latest dental technology. This dental clinic is highly equipped with the best quality treatment sterilized equipment to maintain all the standard protocols to avoid any risk of infection. The clinic offers the best quality treatment to both adults and kids at the most affordable price range, considering the wellness of all their patients.