Professional teeth cleanings aren’t just for keeping your smile bright; they can have a significant impact on your general health. Insufficient oral hygiene has been linked to several serious illnesses.
Plaque is a colourless film that tends to constantly form on your teeth. Good brushing and flossing help in the removal of this plaque accumulation.
However, if plaque is not removed by brushing and flossing it calcifies to form tartar or calculus.
Calculus formation may lead to discoloration of teeth, decay of teeth, and gum or bone diseases. This calculus cannot be removed by brushing and requires teeth cleaning by a dentist.
Teeth cleaning also aids in the removal of stains on teeth caused due to smoking, gutkha or tobacco chewing, or due to certain colour imparting foodstuff.
- All individuals are advised to undergo professional dental cleaning once every six months.
- Patients already having any kind of oral condition or gum disease are advised to undergo dental cleaning even more frequently.
- Plaque is a soft, sticky film that forms on your teeth and contains bacteria.
- Tartar or Calculus is the calcified form of plaque. If it is not removed from the tooth surface then it would help in the growth of bacteria on the tooth surface.
- Dental cleaning would help in the removal of this plaque and tartar, preventing the bacteria from sticking to the tooth surface.
- Professional dental cleaning helps in:
- The first step is a thorough examination by the dentist checking for the amount of tartar deposit and stains present on the teeth surface, along with the gum condition of the patient. Also, the medical history of the patient is carefully noted down. Certain medical conditions like heart ailments, very high blood pressure, high diabetes are all contradictions in deep cleaning procedures. Also, in cases of pregnancy, it is advisable to do teeth cleaning in the second trimester as far as possible.
- The next step is to clean all the tartar and stains using an ultrasonic scaler. Traditionally the dentist used a manual hand scaler, but it is now replaced by a quicker machine operated ultrasonic scaler. Different tips can be attached to the scaler. Usually, a pointed tip is used to remove tartar at the gum interface of the tooth and the gums, and a flatter tip is used to clear all the stains and larger chunks of tartar on the tooth surface.
- The dentist may then prefer to brush the teeth using an electric toothbrush.
- This is followed by flossing of teeth, which removes any plaque which may be present interdentally (between two teeth) or any toothpaste that may be left behind after the previous step.
- The patient is then asked to rinse, usually using fluoride-containing mouthwash.
- This is followed by the polishing of teeth using a polishing agent. It is usually done using a rubber cup and a prophylaxis paste. It makes the tooth surface shiny and smooth, preventing further plaque accumulation.
- Some, but not all, dentists also prefer to do a fluoride treatment after a dental cleaning. A fluoride gel-covered mouthpiece is placed in the mouth and allowed to rest in the mouth for about a minute. Some dentists prefer to apply a sticky fluoride gel directly with a brush in the mouth. This fluoride treatment prevents decay and cavities in the teeth for months after the treatment.
- It must be noted that a deep cleaning procedure is more complex and is done for patients have gum or periodontal diseases. It involves root planning (removal of plaque and tartar from the roots of the teeth), along with the normal cleaning of the tooth. It is done to remove all the bacteria from the pockets of the teeth and allow the gums to stay healthy and bacteria-free.
There are numerous benefits of a dental cleaning. They are
Teeth cleaning charges in Pune varies according to the type of services. The dental cleaning cost in Pune is quite affordable for the common man to get it done at least twice annually.
It usually takes only one or two sittings, but the number of sittings may go up if there is too much tartar or stains on the teeth, or deep cleaning is required. The teeth cleaning cost in Pune (or teeth scaling cost in Pune) may also vary from dentist to dentist.
The cost usually goes up in case if dental x-rays are required, or any additional procedures like root planning are required.
If you are looking for affordable teeth cleaning charges in Pune then Lifeberries Healthcare is the right choice. They have the best teeth cleaning cost in Pune.
At Lifeberries Healthcare we ensure quick and pleasant teeth cleaning procedure giving you a happy and healthy smile.
If you are looking for teeth cleaning in Pune by experienced and skilled dentists, head straight to Lifeberries Healthcare.
4th Floor, 403-A, Town Square, Above Dorabjee’s, VIP Airport Road, Behind Symbiosis College, Viman Nagar, Pune – 411 014
Mon – Sat : 8 AM – 9 PM
Sunday : 8 AM – 6 PM
© 2020 Lifeberries Healthcare. All Rights Reserved